The Green Leaders education program
The Green Leaders program has been extended into 2021, and is being delivered by Australian Association of Environmental Educators (AAEE) NSW. So far more than 30 schools and early childhood centres from Taree to Coffs Harbour have undertaken fantastic Green Leaders projects including introducing and improving recycling systems, reducing waste from school canteens and enhancing onsite composting of food scraps.
Opportunities are available for mentoring in schools from Nambucca, Bellingen and Kempsey Shire Councils in 2021, contact email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
The Green Leaders Program:
- Helps schools to be ‘Green Leaders’ by providing mentoring support for students, educators and schools to develop a student-led waste reduction project utilising the Sustainability Action Process
- Provides resources and professional development opportunities to support educators and schools in education for sustainability
- Provides support in developing a School Environmental Management Plan (SEMP).
The Green Leaders is delivered by the Australian Association for Environmental Education NSW which also manages Sustainable Schools. For more information go to sustainableschoolsnsw.org.au Sustainable Schools NSW aims to connect environmental educators with relevant resources, interactive lessons and a like-minded community to help spread the important message of sustainability for future generations.
GREEN LEADERS AT MULLAWAY PUBLIC SCHOOL, 2020 WITH THEIR GLUE STICK ALTERNATIVES PROJECT 'SPONGE BOBS'
All educators interested in education for sustainability are encouraged to join these regional and local networks:
- Coffs Harbour Sustainable Schools Network – for teachers, educators and parents in Coffs Harbour City Council area. See https://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/environment/Education-and-Resources/Pages/Coffs_Harbour_Sustainable_Schools.aspx
- Bellingen and Nambucca Sustainable Schools Network – network starting in 2021, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Macleay Sustainable Schools Network – for teachers and educators in the Kempsey Shire Council area. See https://kempsey.nsw.gov.au/environment/education/macleay-sustainable-schools-network.html and to join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MacleaySustainableSchools/.
- MidCoast Sustainable Schools Network – for teachers and educators in the MidCoast Council area. To join email email@example.com and to join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/543516949903101/.
- Mid-North Coast Regional Sustainability Education Network – a collaborative network for people from all sectors involved in sustainability education and engagement in the region Foster to Coffs Harbour including the hinterland areas of Wauchope, Bellingen and Dorrigo. Northern and southern sub-regional groups sometimes meet separately. To join email firstname.lastname@example.org and to join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/541522086036988/.