Clutter is anything you are keeping around your house that doesn’t add value to your life.
Decluttering is all about making space in your house (and your life) for the things that matter.
MIDWASTE has developed a new Declutter workshop program Less is More! to help residents learn how to declutter their home and dispose of excess stuff sustainably.
The workshop will provide residents with useful declutter tips and tools as well as teach them how to prevent clutter returning.
Tuesday 10th October 11 am – 1 pm
School of Arts Hall, 58 Bold Street Laurieton
To register call Laurieton Library 6581 8177
Thursday 12th October 6-8pm
Port Macquarie Library, CNR Gordon & Grant Sts
To register call Port Library 6581 8755
- Remember, one person’s trash is another person’s treasure.
- There are many opportunities for reusing household items rather than sending them to landfill including:
- hold a garage sale
- donate to charity
- utilise websites such as Freecycle, Gumtree, TuShare, or search for a local Buy Swap Sell Facebook page
Love Your Clothes
Love Your Clothes is a UK program that aims to raise awareness of the value of clothes and help people make the most of the clothes they already have. The focus is on getting people to think about way they purchase, use and dispose of clothes by providing easy and practical tips and advice on how to:
- make your clothes last longer
- reduce the environmental impact of laundering your clothes
- deal with unwanted clothes
- make the most of your wardrobe.
Thinking about the life of our clothes will help reduce our impact on the environment by reducing the amount of carbon, water and waste created through the manufacture, laundry and disposal of clothing while also helping us to save money and resources.
Visit Love Your Clothes to see what you can do to reduce the environmental impacts of clothing while making the most of the clothes you have.