Recycle Right Resources
Recycling – Drop off at waste facilities
These items can be dropped off for free at council waste facilities:
- Motor oil
- Vegetable oil
- Car batteries
- Household batteries
- Gas bottles
- Old Paint
Some councils will also accept (please check with your local council):
- Smoke detectors
- Light bulbs
Did your new purchase come wrapped in polystyrene?
Expanded polystyrene (EPS) from your new appliance packaging or fruit and vegetable box can be recycled!
Did you know?
- Polystyrene is very light and long-lived. If EPS packaging is dumped in the environment, it is around for a long time, causing wind-blown litter, looking ugly and potentially blocking drains and waterways
- Although very light, EPS is a very bulky material taking up large, valuable areas of landfill space
- In 2011, the NSW EPA estimated that 12,000 tonnes of EPS were buried in landfill, which is about the same as filling 96 Olympic sized swimming pools with EPS
- EPS is recycled into products such as plant pots, picture frames, desk accessories and insulation
EPS cannot be recycled through your yellow bin but it can be dropped off (free of charge) at:
- Englands Road Waste Management Centre, Coffs Harbour
- Crescent Head Rd Waste Management Centre, Kempsey
- Tuncurry Waste Management Centre, Great Lakes
- Taree Waste Management Centre, Tinonee