The picitup program is designed to encourage and support individuals and community groups who do litter clean-ups. Here’s how it works:
- Sign-up at participating Councils (or sign-up online here) and collect your Litter Kit
- Collect litter using the Litter Kit on your daily walks, on weekend family outings, at organised group clean-up days, or any other time
- Fill in the data form in this booklet to record your clean-ups, and use this to complete the quarterly MIDWASTE litter clean-up survey
- MIDWASTE will use your survey data to help plan future litter reduction projects
WHY JOIN PICITUP?
- Free reusable equipment to help with your clean-ups
- Help stop litter by providing data and feedback for planning litter prevention projects
- Track the progress of picitup here (we’ve only just started, but we’ll have progress updates below soon!)
- Find out about more ways to reduce litter and illegal dumping in our picitup newsletters
To download the picitup booklet or the Data Sheets, click on the links below:
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?
- Follow our Facebook page for news and updates: www.facebook.com/MIDWASTEForum
- Report littering from vehicles: www.epa.nsw.gov.au/reporttoepa
- Report illegal dumping: https://ridonline.epa.nsw.gov.au
This project is an NSW Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.