- Home composting and/or worm farming is a great way to manage the majority of your food waste. View the page on composting for more information about how to compost and worm farm at home. If you live in Port Macquarie-Hastings, Kempsey, Nambucca, Bellingen or Coffs Harbour Shires you can also put food scraps in your green bin.
- Garden Organics are collected in the Green lidded Bin
- The Green lidded bin allows residents to divert garden waste (and food waste in Coffs Harbour City, Nambucca Shire, Bellingen Shire, Kempsey Shire and Port Macquarie-Hastings Councils) away from landfill
- This will be processed into high grade compost which will then be used in the local area to improve soils
- If you live in the following areas for more information on what goes into your green lidded bin click the image below.