Midwaste continues to support the NSW Government program Love Food Hate Waste, which aims to reduce the amount of food waste that ends up in landfill – Every year, NSW households throw away more than 800,000 tonnes of edible food. Households currently spend an average of $3,800 per year on food that is wasted.
LOVE FOOD HATE WASTE WORKSHOPS
Love Food Hate Waste Workshops:
More Community Workshops coming soon
Would you love a free recipe book?
Download your free “Gift of Waste” recipe book from Hubbub
Workshops are continuing across the Mid North Coast region – watch here for more details. They will provide a fun and interactive environment in which to find out more about how you can waste less food, save money and our environment. For more information now, check out the website by clicking on the Love Food Hate Waste logo, right.
To reduce food waste in your home follow the top five Love Food Hate Waste tips:
- Plan your celebration meals – check out some recipes
- Write a shopping list – to avoid that impulse spending. Here are some tips
- Measure your serving sizes – to avoid over catering – Love Food Hate Waste has a serving size calculator to help you get this right
- Store your food correctly – check out how
- Use your leftovers – each year NSW households throw away $694 million worth of leftovers. Use them to make another meal instead of putting them in the bin or the compost.
Fancy a good leftover recipe?
Check out these great recipes from a Tastings on Hastings and Midwaste initiative.